Content writing is a booming industry and many people we work with want to become Content Writer. In 2023, it’s easier than ever to become one, and all thanks to – technology.
What do we mean by that? Well, there are tools that can help you immensely with writing. Be it having writer’s block or just want to improve your texts, AI writing tools have got you covered.
If you’re interested in becoming a Content Writer in 2023 and generating money, keep on reading.
How do I become a Content Writer?
Becoming a Content Writer in 2023 is easy and it’ll depend on what exactly you want to do and how much money you want to earn.
We’d suggest the following path:
- completing a few courses on Coursera and/or Udemy. These are great sources of knowledge and you can learn a lot about the industry there.
- check out profiles of Content Writers on Fiverr, UpWork, and similar websites. This will give you an idea of how it works in the real world.
- do a bit of freelancing on the abovementioned platforms. You need to practice and think of this as volunteer work and don’t expect the big bucks straight away – you’re new to the field! You need to build your portfolio and get the hang of things.
- look for entry-level jobs when you feel ready. LinkedIn is a great place for that.
And last, but not least, learn about AI writing tools. This is so important that we’ve dedicated a whole paragraph to it – make sure you read it!
What are AI writing tools?
AI writing tools are programs that use artificial intelligence (AI) to assist with the writing process and they can be extremely useful. There are different types of tools that can help you as a Content Writer:
- Grammar & spelling checkers. These go through your text and identify grammar and spelling errors. Of course, they also suggest corrections.
- Content generators. These are game changers because they actually use AI to generate original content based on the parameters you inputted! You can use them to create articles, social media posts, marketing copies, web copies, and more.
- Style suggestion tools. These actually go hand-in-hand with grammar & spelling checkers because they improve the tone, style, and readability of the text. The best one we’ve used is definitely Grammarly.
- Plagiarism checkers. As their name suggests, these check for plagiarism and that way, ensure you don’t get into any legal trouble.
It’s important to know that some AI writing tools that are used by Content Writers are standalone programs. Others are integrated into other apps.
Regardless of that, AI writing tools are useful for Content Writers, Marketing Specialists, students, and business professionals alike.
What are the best AI writing tools you’d recommend to a Content Writer?
And now to the fun part! What would be the top tools we’d recommend to an aspiring (and seasoned!) Content Writer? Glad you asked!
Here are our top 3 ones that we tried out and that we think you’d like.
There’s a free period you can use it for and it’s very easy to use. WriteSonic has a bunch of features that will improve your writing, like highlighting errors, a grammar checker, thesaurus.
It also has a built-in word count so you don’t have to worry about that. Not only that, but it also has a readability score which will ensure your text is easily digested and suitable for your intended audience!
WriteSonic also offers templates, formatting options, and an option to collaborate with others.
It’s a very good tool and we’d recommend it to beginners as well as experienced writers!
You can try Jasper AI for free as well, which is great because you’ll be able to get a feel for the tool. I’d recommend you check it out.
Jasper has a strong community on Facebook where you can get great tips and tricks, not only for using the tool but also how to improve your content ranking and ad performance.
You can use the tool to write emails, blog posts, articles, website content, and ads.
There are two plans available and you have to choose one after your free trial is up. This tool is also easy to use and quite intuitive so we’d definitely recommend you give it a go!
Same as other writing tools, Rytr also offers a free trial and it’s quite limited. However, it’s sufficient for you to get to know the tool. You’ll spend enough time using it to make an informed decision on whether or not you’d like to stick with it. Based on user reviews, people like that it offers great value for money, good output, and is easy to navigate.
Now, these are just some of the AI writing tools out there that can help you (kick)start your Content Writer career. Keep that in mind! There are plenty more of those around, and we just wanted to bring their existence to your attention. We didn’t want to get deep into each tool and do a step-by-step tutorial for you. Simply, we wanted you to know that there are things out there that can help your career as a Content Writer.
An important disclaimer: no matter which one you choose, as a Content Writer, you need to ensure your content is good to go. Truth be told, tools are not perfect and may produce results that have to be further reviewed and edited. Don’t assume you’ll be able to charge your clients for something they can produce themselves.
If you need help with your CV writing or LinkedIn profile optimization so you can actually kickstart your career in content writing, get in touch using the form below. Alternatively, visit our services page and get in touch.
However, if you want to give CV writing a go, here is a guide that will give you everything you need to learn how to write CVs that bring results. Simply follow the principles outlined in it and see how your job search is transformed.